Be sure to scroll down and select "older posts" to view previous posts or follow links on the right under "Blog Archive". Also feel free to comment or leave suggestions/tips/advice in the comments on any post, follow me on google, and/or share my blog with friends.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

HI, it's not raining - Can I come over?

That's how I greeted Joey this morning when I got up and realized how nice it was and how very very wrong the weather channel website was the other day. All week long I've been dreading another rainy weekend and it even said there might be snow. thankfully that didn't happen and it was in the 50's and breezy but sunny and not a cloud in the sky.

Joey's hubby was not able to watch her munchkin so I was flying solo again today but I was able to get a good amount done. I brought hubby's garden wagon with me to haul wood from the shed to the patio - gotta love bungee cords :).

And ya know you are looking at a mom's toolbox when you find a stray pull-up mixed in with drills and saws lol.

Just about all the wood for the headboard and footboard for the bottom bunk is cut. I did all the headers and the rails and the spacers and the posts. The only things I have left for that bunk are the side rails and slats/mattress supports and the top rail for each end of the head and footboards.

If I didn't have to haul everything out and then put it all away I could have been much more productive, lol, but that's life without having your own place to work.

Here's the wood, another mama specialty - wood stacked in an old laundry basket :)
Photobucket

You can't really see them in the pic but the spacers that go in between the rails - my neck is killing from bending over measuring them. 28 pieces, each one only 2.5" long lol. That's a lotta little pieces!!

Oh and just a little side note as a warning for others not to be as dumb as I was today - if you are using a saw that has a sawdust bag, and you take off the bag to unzip it and empty it - when you put it back on - be sure to zip it back up. If/When you don't, you end up with a nice little mess all over the ground and yourself.

I think another half day of cutting and I can get everything sanded and then start assembly. I'm building it in pieces so I can paint it and then transport here to put it together :). Once one bed is done I'll do the 2nd one and then the ladder and side rails.

And now that I'm done sharing I need to jump off here and jump in the shower. Saw dust is itchy!

1 comment: