Be sure to scroll down and select "older posts" to view previous posts or follow links on the right under "Blog Archive". Also feel free to comment or leave suggestions/tips/advice in the comments on any post, follow me on google, and/or share my blog with friends.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Headboard Painted!

I was able to sneak in some time to paint one of the headboards today. I got one side dry and painted the other, but of course it's starting to rain so once it was like halfway dry, we brought it in to dry in the living room.

Here's Alyssa supervising me on the back porch and pretending she is shy. That's her chair i was sitting in to paint lol, it was easier cause it was lower to the ground :)
Photobucket

That was side one, this is the completed one. I just have to spot check and do any needed touch-ups and then add a coat of polyurethane.
Photobucket

It looks kinda like a mix of light pink and violet. Much better then pepto bismol :).

I have Wednesday through Friday off for vacation this week so I can get more work done on this, although it's supposed to rain on Wednesday. but if i can get the munchkin to stay out of the living room I can probably sand the rails and assemble the supports and maybe even paint them and the 2nd headboard. Then one bed will be done so when the sun comes out on Thursday I can hopefully get started on bed #2. I don't have the bed hardware yet for either so even if I finish on schedule on Wednesday with bed 1, I still won't have the hardware, but that should be relatively easy to install.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment