Be sure to scroll down and select "older posts" to view previous posts or follow links on the right under "Blog Archive". Also feel free to comment or leave suggestions/tips/advice in the comments on any post, follow me on google, and/or share my blog with friends.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Gotta Love a Supportive Hubby.....

....even when he thinks you are a bit nuts lol.

Since I wanted to try out some new wood stains with what I learned in my last blog post, we picked up some vinegar at the dollar store yesterday, but couldn't find any steel wool. I tried walmart today and they didn't have any either.

So hubby on his own offered to go to home depot and get me some today :) and he got me a couple pieces of copper tubing so I can test and see if it will work better then pennies to make the copper one that turns green.

And once he got home he even did all the preparations and made the mixtures for me while i finished up work :).

Now I just have to wait about a week to see if any chemical reaction happens, in the meantime I got 4 types of tea to test out and see what kind of fun stains they can make :). Hubby happens to have a scrap piece of 2x4 in the livnig room (yea I know, we're weird lol) so I can use that to test :).

No comments:

Post a Comment